Do you want to change the world or hear from people who do? Change the World Night is a safe environment where you can share your hopes, dreams, and current projects with others. We provide a chance to hear different perspectives on what needs to change and how to go about it.
Come and enjoy food and stimulating conversation, but no smoking, vaping, alcohol, or recreational drugs. Both churchgoers and non-churchgoers are welcome!
For the event location and other details, drop by our Sunday service or talk to one of our members.
Check back here for information about future presenters.
Our next change The World Night will take place on Friday February 7, 2020.
Past Change The World Nights
- On Friday December 6, 2019, Life church welcomed Vernon Walker from Communities Responding to Extreme Weather (CREW).Communities Responding to Extreme Weather (CREW) is a young grassroots organization that aims to build equitable, inclusive neighborhood climate resilience in New England through hands-on, education, service and planning. CREW is interested in building social networks in communities and connecting community members with each other to form a social network.
- On Friday October 4, 2019, Life Church welcomed Jason Outlaw – founder of Vitraux Medieval Stained Glass Art in Boston, Massachusetts
A little bit about Jason:
I am an artist with an intense interest in helping others achieve their dreams. I do this primarily through teaching stained glass classes to help people use their hands and explore their creative side, and through dentistry. I also achieve this through serving as an academic adviser at Harvard College. I combined my creative endeavors by designing and building Medieval Stained glass panels that feature Harvard University shields, as well as high concept stained glass panels that express words of positivity. I can customize a hand-made panel exclusively for you that will add elegance and flair to any room. For more details visit my website:
Vitraux Medieval Stained Glass
Creating Art. Creating Community.
- On Friday August 2, 2019, Life Church welcomed Leslie Moore of Traction House as the featured speaker at Change the World Night.Traction is a network of individuals of Christian faith offering men and women an experience in supportive and enriching environments where they are mentored and challenged to pursue individual and shared goals.
The Traction Story
- Traction started 9 years ago in Boston as Leslie Moore chose a particular way to live out the values of her church Cambridge Community Fellowship Church by sharing her multi-family home with a group of young women (aged 18-25) who she lived alongside and mentored.
- In the months and years to come, other Christians partnered with Leslie to mentor men and women, share life, & sometimes their homes
- Individuals who have been involved in the network are called “The Traction Family.” No matter the capacity to share resources with others, each person commits themselves to disciplines of work and learning meant to empower them to transition into healthy interdependent living situations.
- Today, the Traction network includes individuals in Boston, MA and Central Falls, RI who support the discipleship and self-actualization journeys of others who have become part of the Traction Family.
- On Friday June 7, 2019, Life Church welcomed Sheila Hubbard as the featured speaker at Change the World Night. Sheila Hubbard is a prior Commissioner for the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) in 2017. Prior to her work at MCAD, she served as Executive Director of the Volunteer Lawyers Project in Boston. She previously served as director of the Minority and Women Business Office under Boston Mayor Ray Flynn, deputy legal counsel with Governor Bill Weld’s administration, and is a prior Chair of the Massachusetts Parole Board.