Last Updated on February 23, 2015 by Rocklyn Clarke
(4/24/2012 – under review in consideration of our revised vision, mission, and core values)
Here is what you need to know about joining Life Church:
Before you can become a member of Life Church, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be saved (i.e. committed to following Jesus Christ).
- You must have been baptized as a believer.
- You must be free to join Life Church (must not be a member of another church or must have resigned membership decently and in order).
Joining Life Church involves taking the following steps:
- You must meet the membership criteria.
- You must complete the Life Church 101 Membership Class.
- You must sign the Membership Covenant.
Church membership provides you with the following privileges:
- Membership identifies you as a genuine believer (Ephesians 2:19; Romans 12:5).
- Membership provides a spiritual family to support and encourage you in your walk with Christ (Galatians 6:1-2; Hebrews 10:24-25).
- Membership gives you a place to discover and use your gifts in ministry (1Corinthians 12:4-7).
- Membership gives you the accountability you need to grow (Ephesians 5:21).
As a member of Life Church, you enjoy the following privileges:
- Baby Dedication
- Funeral services
- Premarital counseling
- Solemnization of weddings
As a member of Life Church, you demonstrate your commitment to Life Church by:
- Signing the Membership Covenant.
- Protecting the unity of the church.
- Sharing the responsibility of the church.
- Serving the ministry of the church.
- Supporting the testimony of the church.