Last Updated on February 1, 2022 by Rocklyn Clarke
Acts 24 – Paul Before Kings – Part 5
Michael Dixon – Sunday January 30, 2022
© 2022 Life Church Ministries, Inc.
Sermon Podcast Page (includes links to audio, handout, and slides)
Series Passage: Acts 24
Life Group Meeting
Without life groups, we are at the mercy of cliques and people who aren’t in a clique will “fall through the cracks”. Furthermore, even the people who are in cliques will have some of their issues and needs “fall through the cracks”. This is because life groups are organized to please, and be led by the Holy Spirit, whereas cliques develop solely around whatever the people in the cliques find appealing. Life groups are organized to help you grow and overcome your “issues”; cliques simply aren’t!
Check out our Life Group Pages for more life group information and resources.
- Welcome (5-10 minutes)
- Worship (optional)
- Word – Discussion Questions (if there are no specific questions use the default questions):
- What are some examples of lessons students (someone you were trying to teach or show you something) have taught you?
- What is your take on Warrants? What about no Knock Warrants that contributed to the death of Breanna Taylor? Police have to get permission to do certain actions… Satan is under this system as well.
- Why is Spiritual Breathing so important- Confession, and Acceptance of God’s forgiveness, in Spiritual warfare?
- Today we are ending Acts 24 : Gratitude, Goals, & Grace, Leaving the 99, Owning the room-, Spiritual Warfare What lessons are you taking from it? Did you finish your Album cover?
- Pray for 1 or 2 people that you want to become followers of Jesus.
- Pray for boldness to build your relationships with unchurched people and to talk about Jesus.
Think You’re Multitasking? Think Again : NPR
Because the Five Thresholds approach to relational evangelism helps us to pay careful attention to the people that the Lord brings our way, it is an excellent way to meet people “where they are”. We want to prayerfully help them move through each threshold and become followers of Jesus. At any given stage, we may be planting a seed or watering a seed that we or someone else has planted. At each stage, we should see ourselves, together with other believers, as a hospital for sick and wounded people.
- Home Page | Evangelism
- The Five Thresholds | Evangelism
- Journey to Faith: The Five Thresholds | Evangelism
- Threshold 1: Trust | Evangelism
- Threshold 2: Curiosity | Evangelism
- Threshold 3: Openness | Evangelism
- Threshold 4: Seeking | Evangelism
- Threshold 5: Following | Evangelism
(Use these when there are no specific discussion questions for the passage:
- Question 1: “What is this passage saying?”
- Question 2: “What is God saying to me through this passage?”
- Question 3: “How can I apply this passage throughout the week?”