Executive Pastor & Co-Founder
Life Group Leader, Sunday Bible Study Leader, Sermons, Children’s Church Coordinator
Eva Louise Clarke (Gilliam) was born in San Rafael, California. When she was a young girl, her family relocated first to East Saint Louis, Illinois and then to the neighboring town of Belleville. The experience of living in East Saint Louis during the city’s stark decline prompted Eva’s initial interest in community and economic development. Eva left Belleville in 1977 to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where she majored in Urban Studies and Planning and earned an S.B. degree. There were a number of Christian influences in her life growing up including her grandmother, aunts and uncles in Chicago, IL. While a student at MIT, Eva gave her life to Christ. There she also met and married her loving husband Rocklyn E. Clarke Sr.
Eva has enjoyed a fruitful career in the Community and Economic Development arena having served in the following positions:
- Asset Manager – Boston Financial Investment Management (2006 – Present)
- Program Consultant – Emmanuel Gospel Center (2005 – 2006)
- Executive Director – Mattapan Community Development Corporation (2002 – 2005)
- Founder and President – Faith Partnership, Inc. (2001 – Present)
- Lending Program Officer – Chief Operating Officer (Loan Fund) – Blue Hub Capital (1991 – 2001)
Eva is the co-founder of Life Church Ministries in Boston, Massachusetts together with her husband, Rocklyn E. Clarke, the Senior Pastor. She serves as Executive Pastor. Eva was ordained under Church Without Walls International in October 2007 during the annual Covenant Convention of New Covenant Christian Church (now Jubilee Christian Church).
Eva is an alumna of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (Class of 1981) and received her S.B degree in Urban Studies and Planning there in 1990 after taking some time off raising her family.
Current organizational affiliations:
- Blue Hub Capital loan committee member
- Former board member and chair of the Emmanuel Gospel Center Board of Directors.
- MIT Christian Alumni Network planning team member
- Codman Square Can We Talk? leadership team member
- Volunteer staff member of the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
Eva and Rocklyn have been blessed with a son, a daughter, their spouses and five grandchildren.